INFANT BAPTISM (infants and children under the age of 7)
The Baptism of Your Child at
St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church
You have asked that your child become a member of the family of God through Baptism in the Catholic Church. We rejoice with you as you prepare to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism for your child. We promise to support you and the godparents you choose as you fulfill your obligation to bring up your child within this community of faith, living as Christ has taught us through word and example – loving God and neighbor.
This information outlines the requirements to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism at St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church.
- Your child must be six years old or younger on the Baptism date. If your child is 7 or older, please contact our Formation office for details on preparation for Baptism.
- The following must be completed and turned in prior to scheduling a date:
- Baptism Information Form
- Godparent letter and affidavit
- Original copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Proof of completion of 2 baptismal classes by both parents
- Additional requirement:
- If you are a registered member of St. Ignatius Loyola, the information above is all that is required.
- If you are not registered as a member of any parish but live within the geographic boundaries of St. Ignatius Loyola, the information above is all that is required and we encourage you to register and participate as members of this parish.
- If you are a registered member of another Catholic parish, you must also provide a letter of permission from the pastor of your parish in order to have the Baptism at St. Ignatius Loyola.
- If you are not registered in any parish and you do not live within the boundaries of St. Ignatius Loyola, you must provide a letter of permission from the pastor of the parish boundaries in which you reside.
If you have questions about the requirements or the preparation process, please contact the parish office at 281-370-3401. Once you have completed the classes and have turned in the required paperwork, please contact the parish Office of Liturgy and Sacraments to schedule a date for the Baptism.
We look forward to working with you as you prepare for your child’s Baptism.
Infant Baptismal Preparation class dates and Baptism dates are found below.
- The two-part preparation classes are required for all parents.
- Godparents are encouraged to attend these classes either here or at their home parish.
- Registration for the preparation classes is not necessary.
- Classes meet from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the Music Room.
- If both parents have taken the classes within the last 3 years, please contact Luis Garcia at the parish office for additional information.
- The nursery is available by contacting Kathy Schaefer at the Parish Office at least one week in advance 281-290-4619.
Baptisms are usually held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month except during Lent. Scheduling must be done in advance to guarantee availability. Please contact the Coordinator of Liturgy and Sacraments in the Parish Office.
2017 INFANT BAPTISM FORMATION DATES
7:00 PM UNTIL 9:00 PM in the Music Room
January 9th & 16th
March 6th & 13th
May 1st & 8th
July 3rd & 10th
September 11th & 18th
November 6th & 13th
2017 INFANT BAPTISM DATES
2ND AND 4TH SUNDAYS OF THE MONTH
@ 3:00 P.M.
January 8th & 22nd 2017
February 12th & 26th 2017
********************NO BAPTISMS DURING LENT *****************
April 23rd 2017
May 14th & 28th 2017
June 11th & 25th 2017
July 9th & 23rd 2017
August 13th & 27th 2017
September 10th & 24th 2017
October 8th & 22nd 2017
November 12th & 26th 2017
December 10th 2017