For a scheduled event to be successful, the sponsoring ministry/organization needs to publicize the event for at least three weeks to get the message out to the entire parish community. In this day and time, people are often away on the weekends and thus attend Mass in a different parish community. By using the three-week norm, more people will know about a parish wide event and thus, be more likely to attend.
There are four major ways to publicize here at St. Ignatius: the bulletin, the website, the electronic signs and through a pulpit announcement. Each method has particular guidelines.
To submit your request, please use the SILCC Publicity Request Form located to the left. Please follow the directions on the form.
Bulletin Article Request Guidelines
Email articles directly to: Kristin Calvert or use the publicity form located to the left under documents.
To ensure that your information is placed in the bulletin in a timely manner, please:
- Email your article with the subject line that reads BULLETIN month/day/year. The date should reflect the first Sunday that you want the article to appear. Please note dates you would like for your announcement to run.
- Email the article at least 11 days prior to the date you want it appear.
- Please include your contact information on each announcement. Please don’t instruct people to call the parish office for more information about your event.
- Please make sure your event is schedule with administration team prior to sending bulletin announcement, if on campus.
- Graphics may be black and white or color. No grayscale accepted.
- Article should be sent as a Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher file.
- The title of the article should be in CAPITAL LETTERS and pertain to the article subject.
Article can run up to three weeks prior to an event but you will get more results if the format of the article is changed weekly.
SILCC events are given priority. We reserve the right to shorten the article or rearrange the wording as needed to conform to space limitation.
If you have any questions or problems submitting your bulletin request, please contact Kristin Calvert at
. For a complete copy of the Bulletin Article Guidelines, click
Protocol for Announcements using the Message Board on the Christus Center and Electronic Sign on Cypresswood
- Announcements must relate directly to the parish or community at large. (No personal or commercial messages will be accepted.)
- Announcements concerning ministries should be approved by the commissions before submission. The co-chair for the commission will be contacted to ensure this has occurred.
- Announcements will be reviewed and approved by parish staff before posting. The approval process could involve a review by the core staff indicating a delay of up to one week before posting. Please allow at least eight (8) days for posting.
- An email will be sent to you indicating when the posting is done.
- Announcements will be posted to one or both signs, depending on the message content and the targeted audience.
- The message content is limited to text and very simple graphic artwork. (The message may be altered as necessary due to limitations.)
- Along with message content, there must be an indication of the date to begin running the announcement and a date to end.
To submit a request for a message on the electronic sign(s), please use the publicity form located to the left under documents.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Ron Svoboda
directly or call
Announcements at Mass
What does the
General Instruction of the Roman Missal
(GIRM) tell us about announcements at Mass? There are six simple words to be found that give us direction!
D. The Concluding Rites
90. The concluding rites consist of
a. Brief announcements, if they are necessary; (
Chapter II, GIRM 2003)
Generally, announcements are for the benefit of the community to assist in their worship within the Mass or to provide information for the community to participate in service or social events that follow immediately after Mass. In our community, most information is well disseminated via the bulletin, e- mail, Commissions, information tables, newsletters, etc.
We seek to keep the sacred nature, reverence and continuity of our Sunday Eucharistic liturgy and will include
“brief announcements, if they are necessary”.
Our guidelines for Presider announcements at Mass at St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Community are as follows:
- Announcements pertaining to Liturgy are permitted as needed.
- Announcements about events which immediately follow Mass are permitted as needed.
- Exceptions regarding archdiocesan events, emergencies, etc. are at the Pastor’s discretion.
*All other announcements and information should be in the bulletin.*
Requests for announcements are to be submitted by staff/staff liaisons of our parish ministries to the Office of Liturgy.
Please send these at least by noon on the Monday prior, of the weekend that announcements are requested.
To submit a request for an announcement at Mass please use the publicity form located to the left under documents.
Postings on the Website may be done through the approval of the appropriate Commission. If a ministry wishes to post an event on the website, the sponsoring ministry or organization should first seek the approval of the appropriate commission leadership. Then, the information should be submitted to the
at or by using the publicity form located to the left under documents. Please remember that pictures of children must have written consent of the child’s parents or legal guardians before a picture can be posted on the internet. That written consent must be submitted at the time the article is submitted or be on file in the office for the academic year.