SAINT IGNATIUS LOYOLA CATHOLIC CHURCH
Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion
Co-Coordinators Rich Rogers / Kathy Parks
Description of Ministry Ministers assist the Presider in the distribution of
the Holy Communion to the assembly during the
celebration of the Mass.
Typical Activities - Serving at weekend Masses
- Serving at special occasion Masses (e.g. First
Communion, Confirmation, Holy Days, etc.)
- May require additional training sessions due to
Archdiocesan procedural changes
Training Required - An initial Training session led by an instructor is
required followed by annual being commissioned.
- Training sessions are held in the Fall.
- The commission period for EMHC is for two years.
EMHC will do a renewal training every two years
and a commissioning.
Talent/Skills Required - The candidate must be 18 years of age or a senior in
- The candidate mus be fully initiated in the church
(having celebrated the Sacraments of Baptism, Holy
Eucharist and Confirmation).
- The candidate must be a person of genuine
Eucharistic faith, living exemplary Catholic lives and
have sound psychological maturity.
- The person must have no impediment to sacramental