The Budget Process
Every year the the parish must set a budget for the Fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30. This budget reflects the needs and vision of the parish. All funds spent on parish activities and to further the mission of the parish are approved before the fiscal year begins. This budget gives us a road map to follow and does not allow for many unexpected expenses.
January - Finance Council gives next year income projections
February - Final Current year budget projections are evaluated
March - Budget requests for next fiscal year are due!
April - Finance Council reviews budget request and gets clarification as needed
May - Finance Council recommends next fiscal year budget to Pastoral Council and Pastor.
June - Last minute tweaks
July - Fiscal year begins
What do you need to do?
Archdiocesan guidelines prohibit parish organizations from holding and/or distributing funds. The parish is allowed one checking account for parish business and all transactions must take place in that account.
- If your organization has a checking account or has funds being held by a member then that money must be turned into the parish office to be accounted for on the parish books. You will not lose the money, it will be held in trust until needed by your organization.
- We need a projected budget of all income and expenses that you expect through the coming fiscal year. Even if you plan to break even you cannot say you have a $0.00 budget. We need expected income and expected expenses. This may be difficult to project and we will work with you to help you come up with the best possible numbers.
- For next year, fiscal 2017, a date will be announced where budget numbers are due into the parish office. Click here for a budget worksheet in excel format. OR Click here for PDF format.
- If you have requests for funds that exceed your projected income please have supporting documentation as to why this is important to the parish and why it should be a priority in the budget.
- The Parish Administrator is available in the parish office to help walk you through the process 281-370-3401 ext. 4603.